Thursday, July 21, 2011

"New leaf greenhouse"
en plein air oil on isolated wood panel
15" x 15"

I so enjoyed my recent visit to New Leaf Greenhouse in Cornelius.  Ginger Steele is the amazing woman who created this beautiful nursery.  She has the strength of a potter, & a green thumb you won't believe.  She shares some of her horticultural secrets on the New Leaf Greenhouse blog newleafgreenhouse.blogspot.com
I know you will also enjoy seeing the complex geometric designs in Ginger Steele's salt fired stoneware . insomniapottery.com
We had a lovely lunch at Ginger's with Merrie French of Valley Art Gallery in Forest Grove.   If you haven't been to this wonderful gallery, you owe yourself a trip!
 We laughed and let our minds wander...then we laughed some more.  Ginger took me on a colorful tour of her amazing studio & nursery.  I painted there for hours, belly full, laughed out, blissed.  I'm still smiling.
Thank you, ladies.


No comments: