Thursday, January 27, 2011

"bridge city of roses"
oil on wood 24" x 36"
I'm excited to be one of five featured artists this month at Portland Art Museum's Rental Sales Gallery. I will be showing several of my narrative landscapes.
There is a reception on Saturday from noon till three. The most exciting part for me is that Jennifer Zika (gallery director extroardinaire) and the wonderful volunteers at the gallery are making a place for me to set up my small easel and paint during the reception. What fun, to share my work in such a beautiful space, and in such excellent company.
My friend Dorothy Steele http://www.dorothysteelepottery.com is loaning me one of her fabulous slab built porcelain vases. I think I will put some flowers (pussywillows maybe?) in Dorothy's vase, with the RSG gallery window for backround. I'm looking for a tall panel that will fit on my small easel.
Wish me luck:) I'll post pictures when I can.
Saturday Jan 29th 2011
Portland Art Museum's Rental Sales Gallery
12 noon till 3
1237 SW 10th Ave.
Portland, OR
503-224-0674

There will be snacks and friendly folk, and so many wonderful artists are represented... stop by if you can!

No comments: