Sunday, July 23, 2006


It was overcast most of the morning, so I took the time to draw in the backround, the beautiful forest of Spencer and Janice's front yard. When the sun burned through late in the morning I worked again on the yellow of the hood and body.

Spencer and Janice get the car out of the garage at 6:30 each morning, and I try to get there shortly after. I paint the chrome and shadow side and continue to correct the drawing until 10:45 when the sun is finally up over the treetops and lights up the back for me. I love the lemony yellow. By noon it is too hot for me, we've been having a heat wave.

ah, the fun part...I start to lay in color. Poor Spence is worried I'm painting his car green, because only the shadow side is blocked in.

1 comment:

Kim Tyler said...

I love this chance to see the process, from the sketch to the blocking in, to the painting. You are such the master (?) craftswoman! Sorry you've had such a hard month. I'm sure looking forward to seeing you in the weeks ahead! Whidbey is gorgeous right now, although hot too.