Friday, April 14, 2006

wild rice moon
16" x 28" oil on aluminum

maple syrup moon

16" x 28" oil on aluminum

This is my final set of companion opposites. I delivered all sixteen last Monday. It was a relief to be done, and a little bit of a wrench to let them go. I cheated a bit on this last set, my spring colors on wild rice moon are a bit darker value than the other seven, but the painting required it, and I figured it could be the exception that proves the rule. or something.:)

David has been out of town this week with his sick mama, and I've had a houseguest, so not a very productive week. I'm itching to get back to work.

2 comments:

Kim Tyler said...

Well just got back to reading blogs again after several days absence. Your newest paintings are very exciting. I love the cheese and crackers, and cheese and flowers. There's something there that is edging towards the Dotty Stripes style, don't you think?? Anyway, love seeing everything you paint, still want to be like you when I ever grow up and learn how to be a painter!

Linstilllife said...

yes, I'm more and more interested in pattern, still not able to let go of my symbols though...not as fearless as dear Dotty!