Wednesday, February 01, 2006


Rainy day dream
18" x 24"
oil on aluminum




Here is a new windowsill meditation. The rain here has been relentless, unending. nearly 11" in Jan. 26" since October!
I needed to paint a jury piece for my Rose Festival application. I'd seen this style of window that morning in a magazine at my Doctor's office. I knew I wanted my Mt. Hood to be my view, and found a photo of the roses when I was looking through my mountain pictures. The pear I found at Fred Meyer, isn't she a beauty? I was thinking about being here in Portland, between the ocean and the mountain, so I found an old favorite shell to speak of the sea. After I got this far, I found myself wanting some red, so I added the cherry. I thought about it a few more days before realizing I wanted the blackbird. I'm thinking of the anticipation of flight, appreciation for the incredible sweetness of my life, I can close my eyes and hear the steady drumming of the rain, (painted in as the wallpaper of my room.) It's nice to imagine roses and mountains in my future.

1 comment:

Kim Tyler said...

This is exquisite, and your explanation of why each item was painted makes it so much more meaningful. I wish you bright sunshine and roses and cherries in the very near future!